Why has Amazon Web Service (AWS) become so popular?
The cloud platform Amazon.com Inc (AMZN) offers has become an integral part of Amazon's business portfolio. In the second quarter of 2021, AWS brought in a record $14.8 billion in net sales accounting for just over 13% of Amazon's total net sales. In recent quarters, Amazon Web Services has grown steadily by 30%, making it the frontrunner over competitor Microsoft Azure in the cloud computing market. Throughout this article, you will get familiar with Amazon Web Services, tools, and why it has become so successful and popular among IT managers.
What is AWS?Amazon Web Services which stands for AWS includes a variety of cloud computing products and services. it is a highly profitable division of Amazon that provides servers, storage, networking, remote computing, email, mobile development, and security. There are three main services offered by Amazon Web Services. EC2, Amazon's virtual machine service, Glacier, Amazon's cloud storage service, and S3, Amazon's storage system. According to one independent analyst, AWS has over a third of the market at 32.4%. This is followed by Azure at 20%, and Google Cloud at 9% by the first quarter of 2021. There are 81 availability zones in which AWS servers are located. In addition to providing security by diversifying the physical locations in which data is stored, AWS divides its serviced regions to allow users to set geographical limitations on their services (if so choose). AWS spans 245 countries and territories in total.
Why AWS is Cost-Efficient?Bezos compares Amazon Web Services to utility companies from the early 1900s. A century ago, factories would build their own power plants, but once they could buy electricity from a public utility. The need for expensive private electricity plants subsided. Amazon Web Services is moving companies away from physical computing technology and toward the cloud. It was traditionally necessary for companies to build and maintain a storage facility if they needed large amounts of storage. If the company wants to store on the cloud, they may have to sign a huge contract for a large amount of storage space they can "grow into". If the business takes off, building or buying insufficient storage could be disastrous. Not only does it fail, but it could also be costly.
It is the same with computing power. Companies with high traffic typically purchase a lot of energy in order to maintain their business during peak hours. For tax accountants, for example, computing power lays unused during off-peak times, yet it still costs the firm money. As a result of AWS, companies only pay for what they use. they don't have to build a storage system upfront or estimate their usage first. Their costs are automatically scaled and based on their usage.
The Benefit of using AWS:When Amazon launched its first cloud computing service, Amazon EC2, in 2008, it broke new ground. AWS offers more solutions and features than other providers and offers free tiers with access to the AWS Console. Users can centrally manage their management. As a service tailored for different skill sets, Amazon Web Services is easy to use for those who are unfamiliar with software development utilities. Web applications can be deployed in minutes with AWS facilities, without the need to provision servers or write any additional code. There is a vast network of Amazon data centers which ensures low latency across the globe. AWS' replication capacity makes it possible to duplicate services regionally, allowing you to recover quickly.
Amazon Web Services Tools:
1. Elastic Compute Cloud (EC2):EC2 is a cloud platform provided by Amazon that offers secure and resizable computing capacity. Its purpose is to enable easy access and usability to developers for web-scale cloud computing while allowing for total control of your compute resources. Deploy applications rapidly without the need for investing in hardware upfront, all the while being able to launch virtual servers as needed and at scale.
2. Relational Database Services (RDS) :Configure, manage, and scale your databases in the cloud with Amazon Relational Database Service (Amazon RDS). Automate tedious tasks such as hardware provisioning, database arrangement, patching, and backups - cost-effectively and proportionately. The RDS database server supports six familiar database engines, including Amazon Aurora, PostgreSQL, MySQL, MariaDB, Oracle, and MySQL, which are optimized for performance and memory. It is easy to migrate or reproduce existing databases to Amazon RDS using the AWS Database Migration Service. Visit Amazon's RDS page to learn more.
3. Simple Storage Service (S3):In addition to providing outstanding scalability, data availability, security, and performance, Amazon S3 facilitates object storage. For websites, applications, backups, and more, businesses of all sizes can utilize S3 to store and protect large amounts of data. With Amazon S3, data can be organized frictionlessly and access controls can be configured.
4. LambdaWithout owning or managing servers, Lambda lets you run code. users only pay for the compute time consumed. run code for nearly any application or backend utility without having to administer it. Users upload the code, and Lambda does the rest, ensuring high availability and precise software scaling.
5. CloudFrontA content delivery network platform such as CloudFront allows data, videos, apps, and APIs to be distributed rapidly on a global scale in a secure manner with minimal delay. Connected with the global infrastructure of AWS, CloudFront seamlessly integrates with systems like Amazon S3, Amazon EC2, AWS Shield, and Lambda@Edge to manage custom code, personalizing the experience. There are no additional charges when connecting with systems such as Amazon S3, Amazon EC2, etc.
6. GlacierWith Amazon Glacier, you can cache and back up data for years. With these storage classes, you can ensure confident delivery, comprehensive security, and compliance capabilities, and meet regulatory requirements. Using these services, users can store for as little as $1 per terabyte monthly. meanwhile, they can save both in the short and long run when compared to their on-premises servers.
7. Simple Notification ServiceUsers can chat directly with customers through system-to-system or app-to-person communication between decoupled microservice apps using Amazon SNS. It provides low-cost infrastructure for bulk message delivery, primarily to mobile users.
Wrapping UpIn this article, you learned about Amazon Web Services, their benefits, disadvantages, and tools. Amazon Web Services is a cash cow for Amazon. In the same way, Amazon is transforming America's retail space By pricing its cloud products extremely cheaply, Amazon is able to offer affordable, scalable services to anyone, from a start-up to a Fortune 500 company.
Arashtad Custom Services
In Arashtad, we have gathered a professional team of developers who are working in fields such as 3D websites, 3D games, metaverses, and other types of WebGL and 3D applications as well as blockchain development.